We make venture equity investments in businesses serving low-income populations in India with potential for high-growth and strong profitability.
Our key investment criteria:
- Potential for serving at least 100,000 low-income families
- Strong, experienced management team
- Business developed beyond the concept stage
- Clearly differentiated value proposition
- Strategies to build effective distribution and marketing programs
Sectors we invest in include:
- Livelihoods. Businesses which increase the incomes of low-income populations.
- Education. Businesses which improve the learning outcomes of low-income populations.
- Necessities. Businesses which deliver affordable, quality life necessities (such as drinking water, healthcare, energy, food, housing, sanitation, etc.) to low-income populations.
How much do we invest?
- Our initial investments are typically INR 25-50 lakhs.
- Companies requiring INR 2 crores (USD$400,000) or more should make contact with later stage venture firms.