The Unitus family is partnering with a growing list of exciting, innovative young companies that share the common goal of creating opportunity for millions of people living at the bottom of the economic pyramid (BoP).
As you will see from this semi-annual update, we’ve got some very compelling work happening across the Unitus family!
As a reminder, these are the companies that comprise Unitus:
- Unitus Labs (Seattle & Bangalore) – non-profit hub and laboratory for new ideas
- Unitus Equity Fund (Seattle and Bangalore) – pioneering microfinance venture fund managed by Elevar Equity
- Unitus Impact (San Francisco and Bangalore) – investing in early-stage business to improve livelihoods of millions of BoP workers
- Unitus Capital (Bangalore, Beijing, Singapore, Sydney) – boutique investment bank raising growth capital for businesses serving BoP populations
- Unitus Seed Fund (Seattle and Bangalore) – seed-stage investing in startups with potential to improve the lives of millions of BoP families
Unitus Capital raises capital to bring innovative eye care solution to masses in India
Healthcare delivery is one of the most serious challenges faced by India, which has only one doctor for every 2,000 people – 1/3rd the world average, and for specialties such as ophthalmology the ratio is 1:14,000. The low doctor-to-patient ratio, illiteracy, and poor rural reach of healthcare infrastructure have exacerbated the problem.